enhancing the neighbourhood
The proposed development will support the evolution of the existing neighbourhood on several levels:
• It will contribute to a more vibrant neighbourhood.
• The site will enable the design of a contemporary building that responds to the City of Edmonton's missing middle expectations, raising the expected standards in the neighbourhood and encouraging responsible development of the area.
• The proposal for residential development, including a street-oriented presence and main floor entryways, prioritizes a walkable urban development and respects the scale and character of the Oliver area.
• It will support further densification, and transit ridership and increases the market for businesses, schools and other institutional uses in the area with additional services, residents and foot traffic.
contributing to the city
Oliver has become an attractive and transformational area adjacent to Edmonton's downtown and has attracted more development as a result of the excellent urban location with access to numerous transportation modes and direct access to nature in the River Valley. This project intends to:
• welcome families and households of different sizes to live in central Edmonton.
• enhance the visual impression of the 116 Street and 103 Avenue corridors.
• promote high-quality residential development that complements the area's existing character.
The 116 Street development supports the city’s alternative transportation framework by providing residential dwellings that are well-integrated with alternative transportation modes. Residents and visitors will have direct access to the high-frequency transit service on 116 Street, the future LRT on 104 Avenue and the ever-expanding bike network. The building includes a secure, bike storage room to encourage year-round cycling to support these alternative transportation options.